1. Beneficiary Project(s) Requests must fit within the CFL Mission Statement and Core Values (See councilforlife.org/about)
2. Basic Requirements – Applicants must:
a. Have been in existence for at least three years, based on IRS determination date, or have served the Waco/Central Texas area at least three years before submitting a funding request to CFL.
b. Apply for funds that will be used to provide services in McLennan, Bell, Falls, Coryell, Bosque and and/or Limestone Counties.
c. Submit requests that relate to the complex issues that surround unplanned pregnancies.
d. Have a non-profit designation from the IRS.
e. Comply with CFL financial guidelines (described in #7 below).
3. Council for Life prefers:
a. Not to fund the same project(s) two consecutive years in a row.
b. To support life-affirming agencies that also share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with their clients; however, CFL may also support secular agencies that share our mission.
c. That past and present beneficiaries seek to collaborate with one another in advancing a culture of Life in Central Texas.
4. CFL does not fund:
a. Mortgage or debt reduction
b. Raw land (NOTE: There could be exceptions to this general rule dependent upon the facts and circumstances considered on a case by case basis. Please consult with CFL prior to submitting a grant request including the purchase of raw land.)
c. Staff or Board Travel (NOTE: CFL does, however, fund travel involving the transportation of clients such as to and from the agency, client doctors’ appointments or school.)
d. Agencies directly providing any form of contraceptive
e. Political activity
f. Project(s) outside our mission
5. Beneficiaries agree to not directly solicit CFL’s donors for fundraising purposes.
6. If an Applicant is submitting a funding request in collaboration with one or more other Applicants, the collaboration must be done in complete partnership, coordination and communication with one another and CFL.
7. Beneficiaries may apply for Operating or Capital Grants, for Stand-Alone Projects, or any combination of these.
a. Operating Grants: Program, administrative or personnel requests may not exceed:
i. 10% of the agency’s current Annual Operating Budget, if the Budget is above $500,000; or
ii. 20% of the agency’s current Annual Operating Budget, if the Budget is $500,000 or below.
b. Capital Grants: Capital requests are not bound by a percentage of the Operating Budget. However, the request must include an on-going written plan for how to sustain the capital project(s) in the agency’s Operating Budget. (e.g., Purchase of a sonogram machine: are funds provided in the Operating Budget for a nurse?)
c. Combination of Operating and Capital Grants: If an agency makes both Operating and Capital requests, the total request will be treated as an Operating Grant Request. Therefore, the total request may not exceed 10% or 20% of the current Annual Operating Budget, as applicable, based upon the size of the Annual Operating Budget.
8. Applicants that receive a grant will be required to submit two follow up reports. (See important dates under 2021 Grant Cycle Timeline)
9. Applicants will be required to notify CFL in writing immediately if any significant change to the project(s) occur during implementation.
10. Applicants will be required to notify CFL in writing no later than 30 days after any material change in the information presented in this application. A material change includes a negative change in the financial condition of the applicant or a change in leadership (Executive Director, a majority of the Board of Directors or more than 40% change in staff), relocation of offices, change of agency name and similar changes.
Agencies that fail to abide by these funding requirements may lose funding and may not be considered for future grants.
We look forward to reviewing your application and the accompanying required documents. To begin your your application, please click on Apply button in the upper right hand corner of your screen. Note: you will be able to save and resume work on your application after you begin.