All 2017 Grant Applications and Required Exhibits Due | Monday, September 12 to Tuesday, November 1, 2016 at 5:00 pm*
January/February 2017 | Research and possible site visits
March 2017 | CFL Board votes/Agencies notified
November 2017 | CFL Luncheon
December 2017 | Checks distributed
*All 2017 Grant Applications and required Exhibits must be emailed (in WORD format, when possible) ALL TOGETHER to Stephanie Hagen at Stephanie@hagenhome.com anytime from Monday, September 12 to Tuesday, November 1, 2016 at 5:00 pm. In addition, please mail two (2) hard copies of all 2017 Grant Applications and required Exhibits ALL TOGETHER to Stephanie Hagen, Council for Life, 4516 Lovers Lane, Suite 103, Dallas, Texas 75225. All Grant Applications and required Exhibits must be received no later than 5:00 pm, November 1, 2016.
Note: Fall Forum is MANDATORY
Agencies that are considering applying for a Council for Life 2018 Grant are required to have a representative (staff member or board member) attend the Beneficiary Fall Forum in September 2017, date TBD. A review of the CFL Beneficiary Application as well as the Timeline, Criteria and Guidelines will be discussed during the Fall Forum. This will be very important information for all of our applicants to hear about firsthand!
Please contact Stephanie Hagen at Stephanie@hagenhome.com for more information on the Fall Forum.
Please read the following information carefully. Some of the information has changed.
Council for Life criteria for Beneficiary selection:
- To have a diverse slate of grants that reflects the complex issues surrounding unplanned pregnancy.
- To keep the focus on local community initiatives.
- To consider legitimate operating needs as well as stand-alone projects.
- To select beneficiaries that are in line with our mission to raise public awareness and empower women, and are motivated by Christ-like love and compassion.
- Not to fund the same project or need more than two consecutive years.
- To prevent agencies from becoming financially dependent on the Council. We encourage agencies to develop new community relationships made possible during the grant year; however, we ask that you do not directly solicit new donors (via an underwriting letter) from our membership while in the same year you are selected to receive a grant.
CFL Beneficiary Funding Guidelines:
Beneficiaries may apply for Operating Grant Requests, Capital Grant Requests or a combination of the two.
Operating Grant Requests
Applications for Program, Administrative or Personnel needs may not exceed:
• 10% of the agency’s current Annual Operating Budget, if the Budget is above $500,000; or
• 20% of the agency’s current Annual Operating Budget, if the Budget is $500,000 or below.
Capital Grant Requests
Applications for only Capital Grant Requests are not bound by a percentage of the Operating Budget. However, the request must include an on-going written plan for how to sustain the capital project(s) in the agency’s Operating Budget. (Ex. Purchase of a sonogram machine: are funds provided in the Operating Budget for a nurse?)
Combination of Operating and Capital Grant Requests
If an agency requests both Operating and Capital Grants, the total request will be treated as an Operating Grant Request. Therefore, the total request may not exceed 10% or 20% of the current Annual Operating Budget, as applicable, based upon the size of the Annual Operating Budget.
We Do Not Fund:
- Political activity
- Projects outside our mission
- Mortgage or debt reduction
Any agency selected as a 2017 Beneficiary is required to submit in writing two CFL Beneficiary Follow Up Reports (See reporting form on CFL website under “Beneficiaries”) on the execution and success of the grant project no later than September 1, 2018 (Interim Report for the 6 month period ending June 30, 2018) and February 1, 2019 (Final Report for the 12 month period ending December 31, 2018). Agencies that fail to abide by these grant requirements may lose funding and may not be considered for future grants.
2017 Required Follow Up Reporting Form | Available Upon Completion of Selection Process