1. Beneficiary Project(s) Requests must fit within the CFL Mission Statement and Core Values (See councilforlife.org/about)
2. Basic Requirements – Applicants must:
3. Council for Life prefers:
4. CFL does NOT fund:
5. Beneficiaries agree to not directly solicit donors from CFL’s membership nor use the CFL directory for fundraising purposes.
6. If an Applicant is submitting a funding request in collaboration with one or more other Applicants, the collaboration must be done in complete partnership, coordination and communication with one another.
7. Beneficiaries may apply for Operating or Capital Grants, for Stand-Alone Projects, or any combination of these. If submitting a funding request that includes two or more projects, be sure to list projects in order of priority (#1 being the highest priority).
a. Operating Grants: Program, administrative or personnel requests may not exceed:
i. 10% of the agency’s current Annual Operating Budget, if the Budget is above
ii. 20% of the agency’s current Annual Operating Budget, if the Budget is
$500,000 or below.
b. Capital Grants:
Capital requests are not bound by a percentage of the Operating Budget. However, the request must include an on-going written plan for how to sustain the capital project(s) in the agency’s Operating Budget. (e.g., Purchase of a sonogram machine: are funds provided in the Operating Budget for a nurse?)
c. Combination of Operating and Capital Grants:
If an agency makes both Operating and Capital requests, the total request will be treated as an Operating Grant Request. Therefore, the total request may not exceed 10% or 20% of the current Annual Operating Budget, as applicable, based upon the size of the Annual Operating Budget.
8. Applicants that receive a grant will be required to submit two follow up reports. For more information on reporting requirements, see councilforlife.org/grant-timeline.
9. Applicants will be required to notify CFL in writing immediately if any significant change to the project(s) occur during implementation.
10. Applicants will be required to notify CFL in writing no later than 30 days after any material change in the information presented in their application. A material change includes a negative change in the financial condition of the applicant or a change in leadership (Executive Director, a majority of the Board of Directors or more than 40% change in staff), relocation of offices, change of agency name and similar changes.
Agencies that fail to abide by the above funding requirements may lose funding and may not be considered for future grants.