A full house gathered for The Troutt Lecture on Wednesday, November 29, in the beautiful home of Lisa and Kenny Troutt to hear Dr. Miram Grossman speak on gender dysphoria among today’s youth.
Dr. Grossman’s practice focuses on gender-distressed young people and their parents. She is the author of several books, including her newly released Lost in Trans Nation: A Child Psychiatrist’s Guide Out of the Madness.
Dr. Grossman began her talk with compelling comments from desperate parents seeking help for their gender-confused children, including:
- I can’t sleep because my child is a victim of a mass psychosis.
- My child believes that male and female are faulty concepts invented by straight white men.
- My child thinks her body and mind are mismatched like a pair of socks. She believes her feelings trump reality and without pharmaceuticals and operations, happiness will elude her.
- My child is indoctrinated and will not listen to facts.
- Parents watch helplessly while their children just walk away.
- Parents beg, how can I bring my child back to reality?
Throughout her presentation, Dr. Grossman emphasized the lack of strong evidence to support medical interventions for youth experiencing “gender journeys”.
“Sexual and gender ideology are not about protecting the health and wellbeing of youth. Those are lies,” she said. “Those [ideologies] are about abolishing norms, rejecting traditional values, and recruiting students into an anti-science, destructive belief system. The foundation of gender ideology is a phony psychological theory.”
Dr. Grossman has documented that schools and the medical community are indoctrinating children. “Kids are told that sex is on a spectrum with male and female at either end and countless possibilities in between. They tell students your identity may shift over time, meaning boys do not necessarily become men and girls women.”
The belief that male and female are social constructs, that a newborn’s sex is arbitrarily assigned, and consequently requires affirmation through medical interventions, are disconnected from reality and pose risks, especially to children. “Sex is binary. It’s permanently established at the moment of conception,” Dr. Grossman said.
The notion that biology can and should be denied contradicts the principles of hard science regarding male and female identities.
In the current climate regarding gender identity, societal opinions often override parental wisdom. Schools enable students to live dual lives, gender crusaders portray loving homes as “unsafe” when doubts are expressed, and parents may face reports to protective services for refusing to accept their son as their daughter, potentially leading to the destruction of families.
“In some states, teenagers can walk into Planned Parenthood and walk out 30 minutes later with a prescription for estrogen or testosterone,” Dr. Grossman said. “U.S. doctors, hospitals, and government health agencies remain fully committed to gender-affirming care. They continue to insist it’s medically necessary and evidence-based. It’s a preposterous lie.”
Dr. Grossman concluded by saying, “I urge you to inoculate your child with biological truths. You don’t need a PhD. You only need common sense. The body and mind are not like socks that might be mismatched. Much to the contrary, our bodies are created with wisdom – awesome wisdom. Explain to children that the moment they were created they were either a boy or girl, and no medicine or operation can change that.”
At the conclusion of Dr. Grossman’s remarks, Dr. Mark Turman, Executive Director of the Denison Forum, provided information on local resources for parents and family members needing help to navigate the culture of sexuality and gender ideology.
Dr. Turman has studied gender ideology extensively and strongly believes it is imperative that Christians engage in this conversation. “Anchor yourself to the biblical conviction that life is sacred, and sexuality is a gift from God from the moment of conception,” he said.
Click below for resources from the Denison Forum:
- What does the bible say about transgenderism?
- The “transgender craze” seducing teenage girls and doing “Irreversible Damage”
- Transgender ideology and what it means to be a woman
- More resources and articles
Special thanks to:
- Our gracious, generous hosts, Lisa and Kenny Troutt, and their courteous and kind staff.
- Dr. Grossman and Dr. Turman for their compelling and passionate remarks and for their dedication to protecting the sanctity of life and educating the community about the dangers of the transgender ideology.
- Chris Sinclair of Outskirt Films
- Telethia Hurley of Telethia Hurley Photography
- The many volunteers from the Council for Life Board and Young Leaders for Life